Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor deck

gaillen
Growing in Experience

Outdoor deck

Hi all

Just sharing our latest project, with timber, plants, firepit, decking oil, paint and lights purchased from Bunnings Lawnton. We made a tabletop for the firepit with leftover decking timber, so it can be used all year round 😊

20191019_164608.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Outdoor deck

Congratulations @gaillen, it looks fantastic. Many thanks for sharing your project with us. I'm sure there will be plenty of Workshop members and visitors alike that will be inspired by what you have done. We're really pleased you could join us and look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Welcome to Workshop. Feel free to post anytime you have something to share or need a hand with a project around the house and garden. We have loads of members sharing inspiring projects and helpful advice every day, so we are sure you will fit right in!

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Nice one @gaillen - thanks for sharing!

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Looks fantastic a wonderful place to sit an enjoy the summer ahead thanks for sharing

Thanks for joining in the discussion @icandoit247. We're really pleased to have you as one of our latest Workshop members. We trust that you'll receive loads of helpful advice and inspiration for your projects around the house and garden from our wonderful community. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. And don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need help getting the most from the Workshop site or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Very nice indeed!
I am intrigued with the reflective surface, how was that achieved?
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

The deck is just wet @Bundaboy.

You can see it's been raining because water is dripping down the sides of the platform. 

There are "wet-look" decking oils available though, eg https://www.bunnings.com.au/feast-watson-4l-wet-look-decking-oil_p1520426

K, seen many, many wet decks without that kind of reflection, but it is what it is I spose. Cheers.

Yes I had thought of that but I couldn't convince myself water alone would make wood that reflective (unless pooled) - so maybe it's a combination of the water and the finish.

No I can't see the water dripping down the sides, but my eyes have never been great and now they are nearly 66 years old.

Cheers.

elly1
Cultivating a Following

Love this, great job!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects