Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor kitchen and entertaining area

jmagnayon
Cultivating a Following

Outdoor kitchen and entertaining area

7F6F3D24-5953-44C7-A391-08CFE6A402B2.JPG

Long time follower, first time poster. I would like to share my little iso project we started on Saturday (12/09/2020). The objective was to bring a little love to our existing deck by adding timber cladding on a section of the brick work and install a bench and modern sink to make the area a little more functional for entertaining or when we are out working outside on the vegie garden. 

TOTAL BUILD TIME: 7 HOURS

ROUGH IN (WATER AND WASTE) / FRAMING / CLADDING: 5 HOURS

CLADDING STAIN AND TABLE OIL: 2 HOURS

119211868_734338757423849_5218660838644764760_n.jpg

This is the deck area, as you can see this is a before photo, before the framing and cladding was done. Water was roughed with the waste inside the frame and the cladding will hide our waste and water lines to our sink to make it more appealing than being exposed.

IMG-2969.jpg

Cladding has been installed and not stained. Acacia laminated panel was used as our benchtop and a 100x100 post was used as supports for the legs. Caroma flick mixer was installed along with the Mondella Rococo Sink purchased from bunnings.DSC00966.JPG

Added additional cladding under the sink to hide the sink as I thought it was a bit unappealing hehe.7F6F3D24-5953-44C7-A391-08CFE6A402B2.JPG

Our "sort of" final product as of Monday (14/09/2020), stained the cladding using Feast and Watson screening oil and kitchen timber oil for the laminated panel. As you have noticed I changed the flick mixer to a black one. (Dorf flick mixer) a spare which we purchased at Bunnings a few years ago. I think it personally looks better with the black 😉

Thanks for looking and stay safe! 😀

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Outdoor Kitchen and Entertaining Area

Love it @jmagnayon. Very well done and many thanks for sharing your first project with the Bunnings Workshop community. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to seeing more of your handiwork soon. We have plenty of clever and creative members sharing helpful advice and project inspiration on the site every day, so we're sure you will fit right in.

I've featured your project on our gallery and are confident that it will be very popular with members and visitors alike. Look out for plenty of questions coming your way from people inspired by your work. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop so it's of even more value to you. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
unsoundguy
Growing in Experience

Re: Outdoor kitchen and entertaining area

Very inspiring, I may steal that idea . . . thanx for sharing it. The black does look better.

jmagnayon
Cultivating a Following

Re: Outdoor Kitchen and Entertaining Area

Thanks Jason!

jmagnayon
Cultivating a Following

No worries, thanks for looking 😁

Ari
Having an Impact

@jmagnayon Thank you for sharing.  I love it, so many outdoor kitchens seem crazy over the top and expensive, while yours looks stylish but not over the top.  I may well steal your design for this very unloved area below.   

Could you give a ball park cost for all the materials?

And I prefer the black tap as well :smile:

outdoor kitchen.jpg

jmagnayon
Cultivating a Following

Hi @Ari  all in all I paid just about 800 in material (plumbing supplies for rough in, timber framing/posts, plumbing fit off (sink) and stain and oils for cladding) the actual cladding were left overs from a job, and I had some plumbing fittings/spares  in hand so just allow that on top of my 800. Looking at your picture it looks like you won’t need as much cladding as I did. If I were to buy everything it would’ve been around $1300 mark even less. Which I think is still pretty good for what you get out of it, Thanks for looking!

Ari
Having an Impact

Thanks @jmagnayon for sharing the costs.  $1,300 is great.  General outdoor kitchen quotes I've seen range from $7,000 to $30,000 (including appliances but still!) I don't want to overcapitalise (which is code in my suburb for "I can't afford that!").

Phil8303
Getting Established

Awesome job mate! Just wondering how you atrached the cladding to the wall? I couldn't see any nails, screws or the like? Cheers.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Phil8303. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

Let me mention @jmagnayon so they are alerted to your kind comments and hopefully they can answer your question.

Do you have a renovation project which you wish to use similar cladding?

We look forward to hearing all about your projects around the house and garden and we'd encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share with the community. I trust you'll find plenty of inspiration on the site as our creative members are contributing their ideas here every day.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects