Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor kitchen and entertainment area

raymao268
Cultivating a Following

Outdoor kitchen and entertainment area

I have been thinking of upgrade my backyard entertainment area and build a outdoor BBQ kitchen for quite some time, last year I finally decided to put it in action.

Things have been done so far:

• Upgraded pergola roof to better heat resistaint sheets, it is now much more comfortable during a hot summer day.
  • Upgraded the lightling and installed a ceilin fan, it worked very well during last Christmas.
  • Did the plumbing work including both hot and cold water pipes and drain pipe which connected to the existing kitchen drain.
  • Built the half wall for the kitchen area

To be done

• Build a decking floor across the entire pergola area
  • Build kitchen cupboard and building BBQ and Wok Burner

Chellenges

• In oder to ensure the new decking floor is not higher than the house floor, the whole decking is very close to the ground. The lowest point is only about 90mm from paving surface to the top of joist. I am using 70mm timber for the joist support system.

Anyone has any suggestions and/or previous experiences, I'd love to hear. Thank you.

10167463970542539.jpg135514022306634392.jpg285791885861046254.jpg469929062547260044.jpg602863975091113076.jpg607051661585715963.jpg

Re: Outdoor Kitchen and Entertainment area

look great - where did you get your kitchen from?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Outdoor Kitchen and Entertainment area

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @swindail.

It's fantastic to have you join us. Let me mention @raymao268 to see if they can answer your question for you.  

There is the possibility that the kitchen was from Kaboodle as they offer a range of products which are suitable for undercover alfresco kitchens. Here's a helpful guide on what to consider. There is also a great modular range from Alfrescoplus to make building an outdoor kitchen super simple.

We look forward to hearing more about your outdoor kitchen project and encourage you to let us know if you have something to share with the community or need any assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
lost89577
Growing in Experience

Re: Outdoor kitchen and entertainment area

i have a concern because from the photo the existing floor drain was there to help remove excess water from back yard run off. now you have repurpose it the excess water will pool under your new deck.

raymao268
Cultivating a Following

Re: Outdoor kitchen and entertainment area

I didn't actually cover the existing water drain, so the condition for water runoff shouldn't be changed. In fact, I made a removable cover for each floor drain, so it can be checked and cleaned if need to. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects