Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor table revamp for family feasting time

janelle13
Growing in Experience

Outdoor table revamp for family feasting time

Many years ago I bought a large laminate table in a clean out of the library at the school i worked at. It will look great when I get my deck, I told myself.

Meanwhile the table was stored in a shipping container where it was almost forgotten.  I eventually got my deck but the table had suffered some serious water damage. 

I pulled off all the swollen chipboard and laminate top and replaced it with marine ply. 

I sanded and repainted the legs and scrounged through tile remnants at the local tile shop. I glued the tiles to the new top and hubby put on the edging.

I revamped our old kitchen chairs and added some chair pads in a printed canvas that complimented the feature tiles.

Screenshot_20220713-214152_Facebook.jpg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Outdoor table revamp for family feasting time

Hi @janelle13,

Another great upcycle project that came out beautifully! I particularly like the tile inset on your table and the chairs compliment it perfectly. Did you need to use power tools for this project? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
janelle13
Growing in Experience

Thanks Katie. My hubby used power tools to cut the timber edge but I am now proficient in cutting timber with the drop saw and am currently working on a few projects. I do use a variety of sanders, jigsaw, drills and screwdrivers.

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @janelle13,

I am pretty new to power tools myself, although I did take a "workshop" class in 7th grade and learned about a few tools. How did you become confident in using power tools and what are you working on now? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects