Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Play boxes made from Bunnings fence palings and marine ply

Poppop
Making a Splash

Play boxes made from Bunnings fence palings and marine ply

FB_IMG_1539342501051.jpg

robchin
Becoming a Leader

Re: Play boxes made from Bunnings fence palings and marine ply.

I like these. So simple and useful. Well done PopPop.

Poppop
Making a Splash

Thanks @@robchin

mailing
Just Starting Out

Looks cool! Do they fit inside each other for storage? :think:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @mailing. Let me tag @Poppop for you so he is alerted to your question about the boxes.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're looking forward to reading about your own projects and plans. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Poppop
Making a Splash

Yes @mailing. They stack inside each other. The big one is 600mmx600mm square and 600mm high. The middle one is 500mmx500mm square and 400mm high and the little one is 400mx400mm square and 200mm high. 

alupton
Building a Reputation

These are great @Poppop. I love that they are stackable both inside and on top of each other. I also imagine they would be quite sturdy for young ones to step from one box to another. Have they been put to good playtime use?

Yes. They went to a Day care centre and are used daily 

These pailings are H3 treated. Copper chrome arsenate (CCA) is a water-borne solution of up to 25% copper, up to 45% chromium and up to 37% arsenic

The Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Chemical Authority (APVMA) advise that copper chrome arsenate treated timber must not to be used in Australia for high-contact structures such as playground equipment, garden furniture, handrails, picnic tables etc.

Many thanks for joining in the discussion @ruralpeak. We are pleased to have you join the Bunnings Workshop community and look forward to more of your posts. 

For all readers of this discussion, please be aware that health hazards may result from exposure to copper chromium arsenic (CCA) treated timber. For information and tips, click on the links contained on the Health and Safety section of the Bunnings website.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects