Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Recycled decking project

dre13
Growing in Experience

Recycled decking project

F9947149-6984-49CB-A4B4-3272D8AB24FA.jpeg

  

567C7BD2-F37E-4A91-87DF-7861A7B4D0C6.jpeg

C3864D90-3673-44BC-A597-7749C458804D.jpeg

Hi all! Just joined the workshop&am totally inspired by what ive seen. Its awesome to see everyone sharing their ideas on here&goes to show you dont need to spend big $$$ to get the result you want!!! Ive been slowly creating my smallish backyard to something functional,instead of a boring patch of grass lol I came across some recycled merbau decking,sanded it&this was the outcome

947C436B-51A0-4BA3-A251-478155D78256.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: recycled decking project

Welcome to the Workshop community @dre13. What a fantastic first project to share.

An excellent example of transforming vacant space into a functional area. I'm sure other community members will take some great inspiration from your project. Many of us would also have un-used corners of our yards just waiting to be utilised.

Do you have any more projects in the works, if so what are you planning next?

I'd like to extend a very warm welcome to the community. We have amazingly creative members like yourself, sharing their projects and advice on the site every day, so we're sure you will fit right in.

If you need any assistance getting the most out of the site, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
dre13
Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchell,i appreciate your comments mate! This site is awesome! Thanks again for the welcome & i will continue to follow others posts & add mine when i can! Stay safe 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks fantastic @dre13. Very well done.

Many thanks for sharing with the community. We're looking forward to seeing what you tackle next. 

Jason

Jimmy3218
Finding My Feet

Re: Recycled decking project

Wat was the cost to complete decking

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Jimmy3218. Let me tag @dre13 for you so they are alerted to your question about the cost of the decking. 

Are you planning your own decking project? Feel free to hit the Start a discussion button anytime and share your project and plans. We have helpful and knowledgeable members sharing their advice and experience on the site every day.

Welcome to Workshop,

Jason

dre13
Growing in Experience

@Jimmy3218 

Mate,i went on ebay&got the merbau decking for a measley $250! Once sanded,as you can see it came up looking new again! 

dre13
Growing in Experience

The rest of the timber&supplies (screws,decking oil) i got from bunnings. Approx $500 + $250 for the merbau so all up,$750?

Much appreciated mate so cheap 👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects