Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Reinforcing the climbing cubby?

HelgaDaisy
Getting Established

Reinforcing the climbing cubby?

Hi,

The climbing cubby (https://www.bunnings.com.au/swing-slide-climb-adventure-climbing-cubby_p0117164) has been assembled and painted but it is quite wobbly - how would I go about reinforcing this to make it more stable? 

Thanks in advance 😊

006040FD-49BF-4446-9BD2-084F667A7B9A.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Reinforcing the climbing cubby?

Hello @HelgaDaisy

Thank you for sharing your question about the Swing Slide Climb Adventure Climbing Cubby. If you need extra support, I suggest using the  Carinya 100 x 100 x 40 x 6mm Galvanised Heavy Duty Angle Bracket into the bottom corners on both sides. I recommend placing the brackets on all four interior sides of the top frame as well. I recommend using Zenith 8 - 10 x 30mm Galvanised Countersunk Rib Head Timber Screws - 100 Pack. Please keep us updated. 

Let me tag our experienced members @JoeAzza and @LePallet for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.  

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @HelgaDaisy,

How did you go with finishing off this project? We'd love to hear what you ended up using to make it more stable.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @StevieB  - I ordered everything recommended by @EricL and it is a LOT better - still a bit wobbly but overall a huge improvement. Thanks for the help :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects