Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ryobi 2000PSI pressure washer

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Ryobi 2000PSI pressure washer

Picked up this pressure washer for $129 from Bunnings on the weekend - it's a promo so limited stock and not continually on order so get in quick if you're keen. I haven't used it yet but I've heard good things and generally like Ryobi for their value. It's just to clean down the 4x4 after a heavy beach sesh and to clean pavers every now and then so I don't need an overperformer that's getting use don the daily.

I've used Karcher (tend to feel these are overpriced), AR Blue (no complaints) and a Worx (wouldn't go near it again) washer before so after I give this one a run I'll add a review to the comments - might be a week or so though as I've got a lot coming up on the weekends.

ryobipressurewasher.png

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ryobi 2000PSI Pressure Washer

How is your new pressure washer going @ProjectPete?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

So good! Love it more than any other I've used before including Karcher.

Absolutely made my pavers round the pool look brand new and did it efficiently. I've used the Karcher on them before, with less dirt/buildup and they didn't look as good as they do now.

The truck will get a wash down this Saturday after my trip to Lanno from Wed-Sat for Aus Day. I have no doubt I'll again be happy :smile:

----------
Handy and helpful
Lizzie
Growing in Experience

I have this one too! Got it for Xmas and only whipped it out last weekend. Safe to say I am looking forward to another sunny day soon to play with it again! 👌🏼

I just got one also. Iam very dissapointed with it. I can't get it to suck from the on board detergent bottle. It just sprays out the tap water. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. Maybe someone can tell how to use it. The manual tells you nothing

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your pressure washer @maxmuscle. Hopefully @ProjectPete or other community members can help. Alternatively, if you purchased it from Bunnings you could return it to your local store with your receipt or a credit card statement and get assistance.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop and thank you for joining in the discussion. I trust that you will receive lots of great help and inspiration from our community members. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

How do you wind hose on to the reel?, Is there a special Way?.

Sorry I didn't seen this sooner @maxmuscle - have you figured it out yet? I had the same problem to be honest. Wiggled it around and got it working but it doesn't "just work" everytime.

----------
Handy and helpful

I wouldn't say there's a "special way" @gomo1947. From memory I just fed it through the middle area of te reel first then around so it had something to grab on to. If you just lay it over top or bottom of reel, the reel can't grab anything to get started. Does that make sense?

----------
Handy and helpful

I had this problem with my Karcher Winner 10 and it turned out to be a non-problem but a user fault.  It only works if you use it on low pressure, ie, have to remove the noozle of your gun to spray soap.  It works via venturi, so if you have high pressure in your water line it wont suck in the soap.

Please give that ago.  remove the front part of your gun and use it like that to get soapy water onto your vehicle, then put the front back for rinse/clean spray.

My Karcher died after 10 years, so I am giving this Ryobi a go.  Hope it last as long.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects