Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Side yard - Landscaping project

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Side yard - Landscaping project

The side yard has been a labour of love but here are some progress shots. Getting close to finishing.

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG-20200816-WA0012.jpg

20200930_185812.jpg

IMG_20200827_192329_499.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

20200728_164505.jpg

20200710_161238.jpg

20200606_113127.jpg

20200520_162724.jpg

Screenshot_20200803-200040_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-164726_Gallery.jpg

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Side Yard - Landscaping

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Thrive. I'm sure @diy_hausdesigns appreciates the feedback.

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust that you'll get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our clever and creative members. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. We are looking forward to reading all about your projects and plans.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the advice @Thrive 
Better safe than sorry :smile: 

Cheers 

----
brod
Finding My Feet

Re: Side yard - Landscaping project

that looks fantastic.....well done.....

@diy_hausdesigns 

what plants did you use? so you used no concrete ? 

on the side of the pathway of pavers and stones is bark?

sorry i am a true novice at this but need to do something with a similar space on the side of my house.

great transformation.

awesome job!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Hereine. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

Let me mention @diy_hausdesigns as I trust they'll appreciate your compliments and would be more than happy to answer your questions.

It would be fantastic to hear more about your own project and we'd encourage you to start your own discussion when you are ready to begin. Please let us know if you need any assistance with landscaping the side of your house and we look forward to hearing about what you have planned. I'm sure you'll find loads of inspiration, just like this project, within the community as our creative members are contributing their own projects here all the time.

Mitchell

Hi @Hereine 

Welcome to the community !

I used Pittosporum, Pittosporum tenuifolium (Silver Sheen) for the plants against the fence and Liriope Evergreen giant against the wall.

I didn't use cement however it is common practice to use it. I also left the soil care but am considering getting some cover soon !

Best of luck and feel free at ask anything else !

----
Caron
Making a Splash

Looks fantastic!

Hi All,

I am looking to get some of these:Specrite 18 x 200 x 2000mm Merbau Hardwood Garden Border Roll 

Was wondering what kind of pegs do I need for this ? I can't see any from the dame brand. Any links ?

Thanks in advance.

M

Hi @Maloy 

I used the - Whites 270 x 20 x 3mm Garden Edging Pegs for all my edging. They blend in quite well and aren't bulky like others.

Kind regards 

----

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Maloy. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

It's great to see you have already received a helpful reply from @diy_hausdesigns. You might like to check those pegs are suitable for your garden border roll as it could be too thick.

If you would like to stick with the hardwood theme I can suggest using Lattice Makers 50 x 25 x 300mm Hardwood Garden Stakes - 10 Pack. Alternatively, you could use Whites Outdoor 450mm Heavy Duty Steel Flat Stake Sleeper Pegs. You would need to use timber screws with both of these options when fixing the stake to the edging.

We look forward to hearing more about your garden project and would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share it with us.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects