Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

The Bunnings boat

deano1966
Building a Reputation

The Bunnings boat

F7F72C18-5352-4BE8-86F8-C863A604B804.jpeg

E990BBF0-4E70-42AF-BC93-BB9782459D8B.jpeg

1A1D8E3D-FE5B-46EA-8F44-37366179895F.jpeg

161ABBD6-C3D8-41A2-B920-A19DFB7DE23F.jpeg

B6EB43BD-EBAF-45DD-A726-745E9F1BDE5B.jpegD1AAB1DA-651A-4D7F-81E0-811CA0F292B8.jpeg

40FDB174-9479-478B-A752-CCF7FE9734CC.jpeg

C59F8AE8-FA7F-473F-B7DD-71978EB8BFB0.jpeg

  

This Boat is made entirely from products from Bunnings. 

it’s simple but I hope it will float. Lol

deano1966
Building a Reputation

Re: The Bunnings Boat

F7F72C18-5352-4BE8-86F8-C863A604B804.jpeg

Not sure why the photos are not in order...sorry. 

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @deano1966,

What a fantastic project. Thanks for sharing it with us.

It's great that you've also shared photos of your progress. Could you include any tips on how you went about planning and building this for those who may want to tackle this kind of project themselves?

I'm sure many in our community will want to follow along and see how it goes when you put it to the test, so please keep us updated.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brilliant work @deano1966, thanks so much for sharing.

Like Stevie, I'm really keen for you to share more detail about the project as I'm sure there will be loads of Bunnings Workshop visitors and members alike who will be interested and inspired by your work. I've also featured it on our Project Gallery so it gets the exposure it deserves.

A very warm welcome to the community. We're really pleased to have you join us. Please give me a shout if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or if you need assistance with your projects.

Apologies for the hiccup with uploading your photos. I've put them in order for you, with the finished result first so that's what comes up on our gallery. One trick I use when wanting to upload multiple images in order is to name them with numbers. If you load multiple images at once the order you add them to the uploader should be the order they appear. 

Thanks again,

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Wow, what a beauty @deano1966!

I'll have to say, as someone that had attempted to build two smaller boats than this from Bunnings products before and gave up both times, you're a better craftsperson than I. It's really neat that you have put the seats stern to bow, and it seems like a good configuration. What have you named it, and when are you setting sail? I trust you'll take plenty of pictures of the first launch and share them with us.

I'm keen to follow along on your adventure and wish you the best of luck for the launch.

Mitchell

Refugee
Finding My Feet

As refugees on the island continent and living by the sea, our eyes would only look out, never inland.
Home was over the far sea horizon. We longed for the clear days when we could see a little further.
God delivered us timber with every sea storm; and, we thanked him for giving us hope.
We did not have the tools or a place to store the timber, but we dragged keels, ribs, cladding and decking out of the sea.
When timber that could be used as a mast was delivered after a storm, tears of joy had us on our knees to thank God.
We watched others slowly build their boats and we thought they were blessed with all of Gods gifts.
We thought boat builders with the patience and dedication to their work, were Gods chosen people.
Deano's pictures of the little timber boat are a joy; may he find all the pleasures that are on the sea.
Thanks to Bunning’s for letting us buy what we need and then walk slowly past the tools that could deliver our dreams.

Refugee

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Refugee. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

It's wonderful to see you're as enamoured with @deano1966's boat as I am. There is something extraordinary about creating your own vessel and setting sail to wherever that might be. It could just be the nostalgia from reading Adventures of Huckleberry Finn as a child, but the feeling of freedom associated with boats is something very close to my heart.

We look forward to hearing more about your passions and projects around the house and garden and would encourage you to let us know any time you need assistance or have something to share with us. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our creative members contribute their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

deano1966
Building a Reputation

I promise to take pictures and even a video. The launch has been pushed back as I have to move my other boat later this week and I have a few other things that need to be accomplished like making a new tiller for the bigger boats rudder. 

I will demonstrate the process for the tiller as well. 

deano1966
Building a Reputation

I agree with you. Building a boat has been a dream of mine for my entire life. I will be posting more over time. Not all will be nautical, but it will be creative and useful. 

A video would be sensational @deano1966! This is either going to be absolutely epic or utterly hysterical. I have all the faith in the world that the Bunnings boat will float, but might I suggest a Bunning's bailing bucket in case things go south quickly? 😂  

May you have fair winds and following seas.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects