Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Three-tier deck and pergola

Itai
Becoming a Leader

Three-tier deck and pergola

StevieB_0-1640732197211.jpegHey all,

I'm busy planning my deck and pergola. This is what I'm thinking at the moment.

I thought the 3 layer deck would be nice (total deck length is 9m, pergola length is 6m, highest deck is 35cm above ground). 

I was thinking of using the lowest deck to put a lounger couch on, but not sure it takes up too much space. Also, not sure the planter box along that deck makes sense either? It's around 45-50cm wide.

In the designs, I've staggered down the planter boxes. The deck is 3m wide at the top, and 3.15m wide in the lower part (from house brick to planters).

The part without deck goes off into our garden.

Fence is colourbond 2m above ground (so 1.7m above the higher deck).

I also have no idea where to put the BBQ or if I should build in a BBQ area, or simply use a portable to make the space bigger.

(I can add some screens without plants if that helps).

Here's some designs

Would love your thoughts.

Regards

Itai

Itai_0-1615074336346.png

Itai_1-1615074364090.png

Itai_2-1615074380456.png

Itai_3-1615074395599.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Planning outdoor area - Ideas

HI @Itai

It's truly amazing the amount of D.I.Y. effort that you've put into this project. It looks wonderful and I'm sure you're very happy with the results. I see what you mean when you say that the mulch is very close to the colour of the pebbles of your cubby house. I'm sure you'll have the chance to change this when the opportunity comes around. Thank you for sharing this fantastic project and for taking us along on your D.I.Y. journey.

We look forward to seeing your next project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Absolutely love it! Great work Itai.

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Looks great! Where did you get the pink chairs from? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @LisasGarden

Let me tag @Itai to make them aware of your kind words and question. Looking at the photo, it might be a version of the Marquee Acapulco set. I've seen similar models at the store, and they do come in various colours. I suggest giving your local store a call to find out if they still have it in stock.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you 🌸

Hi @LisasGarden 

Thank you.

They are all from Bunnings. The orange ones come as a set with 2 single seaters, a double seater and the table.

The pink one is also from Bunnings, but is a kids chair.

Similar to the one linked by @EricL, though I can't find these specific ones online.

Regards

Itai

Thank you 🌸

cepalo
Just Starting Out

Re: Three-tier deck and pergola

Hi @Itai

great design, could you share which programs did you use for the design? I’m a little bit lost with mine, I would like to do something nice but I don’t have any knowledge in construction or design.

thanks 

CP

Itai
Becoming a Leader

Hi Cepalo.

I used a software called Sketchup. There's a free online version. It's not specific for interior design. It's just an easy to use 3D design software.

I'd recommend watching a couple getting started tutorials for it, and once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy and you'll use it all over the place for all sorts of home projects :smile:

Regards

Itai

cepalo
Just Starting Out

Thanks, @Itai, I will have a look and play with it :wink: thanks again!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects