Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What paint should I use for a timber front door step?

Estelle
Just Starting Out

What paint should I use for a timber front door step?

Could you recommend the correct high gloss paint for the front door step  - wooden thanks regards Estelle 

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Painting

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Estelle. It's fantastic to have you join us and share your first question.

It would be great if you could share a photo of the area so community members can get an idea of what you're working with. What colour are you thinking of painting the step?

Let me tag @JoeAzza and @TedBear for their suggestions. @MitchellMc will also be happy to help when he's back on the site on Friday.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Estelle 

I have painted a front timber door step, using an undercoat and external door and trim paint, low sheen @MitchellMc should be able to give more advice on Friday.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Estelle,

I'd recommend a specific floor paint like Feast Watson 4L Satin White Timber Floor Paint. Unfortunately, it's only available in 4litres. If you weren't after such a large quantity, the next best would be an oil-based enamel paint similar to Dulux 500ML Super Enamel Paint High Gloss Vivid WhiteDulux 500ML Prepcoat 1Step Oil Based Primer, Sealer & Undercoat White would also help adhesion.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects