Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wine barrel upcycle

EleventhCoastal
Making a Splash

Wine barrel upcycle

5E5ED096-7AEF-4552-82C1-08F048B694DE.jpeg

When we purchased this wine barrel 9 years ago we didn’t see her full potential and let the weather slowly wear her down!

After realising she was a hot commodity and a brilliant space to hold a conversation around I knew I needed to make a space in the garage that she would sit front and centre.

to do that I first had to restore her, I lightly sanded the top by hand and then used an electrical sander to do the sides!

She was wiped down and finished off with two coats of Feast Watson Clear Varnish in Satin.

the space she will be a superstar is still a work in progress but watch this space and I’ll be sure to update you all.

E76334D1-178D-4E74-BEA9-CAA1384D06CE.jpeg

2DE9EDF9-7F62-4DAA-AE5D-89F3089815F7.jpeg

0330601F-D3D9-462E-B51A-0108D461E0D3.jpeg

45F97794-E32E-4075-87A8-FAD685A250E1.jpeg

5F77C353-D4A6-4C43-8DFC-78DBBE46B301.jpeg

Kirsty P
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Wine barrel upcycle

Your wine barrel came up beautifully @EleventhCoastal! Another project you should be very proud of. I see you really made her a sense of space with the black flooring and black upcycled stools, this really makes her shine. Haha I see some timber tops lingering in the background of your photo so I am very intrigued at what you will be making next. Please do keep us updated. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey Katie, 

Thank you so much, she did come up brilliantly didn’t she.

I was wondering if anyone would spot them, wicked pick up there, I can’t wait to get stuck into that part of the project and to share with the community.

Thank you again 

Cheers

Kirst

Kirsty P

Hi @EleventhCoastal

That wine barrel finish looks fantastic. Now that @KatieC has pointed out the timber tops, I'm keen to see the final look of the wine barrel set.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks so much Eric, I definitely need to make this space tradie friendly! With two apprentice sons and a tradie hubby and all there mates it’s definitely a space I’m excited to transform! 
I cannot wait to share the next few stages 

Kirsty P

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects