Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Woodwork project: Place & guidance for

ventodimare
Building a Reputation

Woodwork project: Place & guidance for

Hello,

I'd like to make a wood prototype of an idea that I had but I don't have any tool, no space in my studio and no experience in woodwork. 

Paying a fee, is there a wood shop where I can show up, present my idea on paper & build it guided by an expert?

I live in Sydney nearby Central station.

Thanks!!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Woodwork project: Place & guidance for

Hi @ventodimare

The first thought that comes to my mind is the Men's Shed Association. Typically it is a minimal yearly fee and you'll certainly get your monies worth even for a one-off project. Access to their tools and knowledge would be well worth the investment. You are quite lucky, having several locations to choose from, I would encourage you to call them all letting them know what you wish to do and gauge which location appears most happy to assist. Your closest locations are Leichhardt, Marrickville Redfern and Pyrmont Ultimo Glebe Men's Shed.

There are also some Women's timber workspaces becoming more popular like the fantastic Parramatta Women's Shed.

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects