Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Apologies for the spam

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for the spam

Hi all,

A number of our Bunnings Workshop online community members received a spam message from fake accounts on Saturday morning. Once this was brought to our attention we took immediate steps to ban the spam accounts.  

We sincerely apologise to our community members that were affected and we are working to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Please do not click on the links contained in the message. 

If you are ever concerned about content on the site, please don't hesitate to use the Report Inappropriate Content link to get in touch with our moderation team. We're here to help. 

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Bliv
Cultivating a Following

Re: Apologies for the spam

keep up the great work :smile:

lerajm
Finding My Feet

Spam Messages

I received this private post today. AlienUnicorns should be deleted from this site.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Spam Messages

Hi @lerajm,

Thanks for flagging, this user has been banned.

Mitchell 

Got one from a user called Snapples

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@gizzygal,

We appreciate your input, this user has also been banned.

Mitchell

gore
Building a Reputation

is this real or scam?

i received like this mssg posted below from the "Beanstalks" name is this real or scam kindly check and inform all the members of it. so everybody will be aware of it.

Thanks

Beanstalks 
11 hours ago

Hi! We're giveaway a brand new iPhone 12! You can participate today! Go here - .....(.i delet it the website now ).................... and complete a simple sign up for a chance to a win iPhone 12 Pro. Well, good luck!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: is this real or scam?

Scam. See the top right thread (sticky) on the home page, by Jason...

Scam.PNG

Hey @gore  Yes, we had a spam intrusion, but we seem to have it under control. We will keep our eye on things. 

Feel free to report any incidents.

@Noyade  Kudos for your helpful post.

zool3
Cultivating a Following

Re: Apologies for the spam

Might be a good idea to add delete messages feature to the inbox or report message/user. Please pass on to IT team

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback @zool3. I will ask the team to take a look at how the inbox could be improved. You can delete the message after you open it - the delete button is next to the reply button. Please note there is no problem with viewing the message, but do not click on the link contained in the message.

Thanks again,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects