Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Arlec Grid Connect robot vacuum mop review

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Arlec Grid Connect robot vacuum mop review

Hi All,

I thought I would share this product as apart of the Grid Connect system I am running in my house, being new to the market and their first model I have to say it have fitted in well with the rest of the systems and has not let me down.

I purchased this because we have a small mini foxie x jack Russell who sheds short hair constantly onto our tiles and carpet and everywhere else and with my Wife and I working full-time and I working morning / day / night shifts throughout the week we were sick of vacuuming every day especially on the tiles.

So with that background here is what I have found from use the last 6 or so weeks.

It vacuums tiles great

It gets inbetween chairs fine and under our cabinets

It does fine on carpet but we generally don't let it in those rooms because it will get stuck with kids items or under bed side tables

Requires empty of tank every second day for us

It has a separate mop tank with 2 mop pads, I used 70 deg water and its moped fine but don't expect the same as a steam mop or hand mop it's only dragging a wet rag over the tiles

It doesn't have Geofencing, I have heard that is in the next model but at the next price bracket so we just close the doors to the rooms we don't want it to go in.

If there are any issues it will send you a notification through grid connect which I like everything under the one app.

You can view the area it has been for the day.

It shows you use level on consumables 

So for this type of application without all the bells and whistles of a much more expensive robot cleaner for $250.00 it's definitely worth a look at.

20220617_111544.jpg

20220616_125158.jpg

  

20220616_125001.jpg

20220616_125017.jpg

20220616_125248.jpg

20220616_125301.jpg

  

20220616_093240.jpg

Screenshot_20220616-125035_Grid Connect.jpg

  

Screenshot_20220616-125053_Grid Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20220616-125102_Grid Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20220617-111838_Grid Connect.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Arlec Grid Connect robot vacuum mop review

Hello @wommamukurta 

When the unit stops in the middle of the floor does it emit any sounds or does the green light stay on permanently or flashes in a slow sequence? To eliminate the possibility of sensor error, I suggest giving your robot a thorough clean. Please refer to your owner's manual page 15. 

Remove the rotary brushes and take off any hair or lint that might have gotten stuck to it. Clean the main filter and use an old toothbrush to brush away any imbedded dirt. Remove the main brush and remove any tangled hair and debris stuck on it. Most importantly make sure to clean the sensors around the wheel of the unit. Give it a full wipe down making sure that it is free of dust. Charge the unit to full and test the unit again.

If after cleaning and charging the unit and it still stops in the middle of the room, I suggest having a look at the remote and see if the unit has been accidentally set on a timer or the cleaning mode has been engaged. If they have, I suggest turning them off or setting them to default. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

I dont know how many of these units have been sold but I gotta say mine is still going strong picking up 2 lots of dog hair on a regular basis.

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

So it's Nov 2023 over 12 months on and outside the warranty period and how is this vacuum holding up?

Well this month, this week the battery died in the butt. Checking the voltage of the battery, the voltage of the docking station and the voltage at the battery when charging it was clear it was the battery had given out which was a little disappointing from a Lithium Ion battery but upon search this exact battery is used across many other brands some I've never heard of or can spell. 

Requesting a confirmation of warranty period with Arlec Tech and clarification of the battery state I was not surprised to just to receive the warranty period statement of 12 months and nothing else but that's the type of service I've come to expect from the company.

With the battery being used in so many other brands it was a blessing, with some searching on the shopping apps it quickly showed up the exact battery pack for a very realistic price so don't dispare if you end up in the same situation.

Besides the dead battery this unit has been chugging away just fine picking up dog hair like a dream. For the initial outlay which isn't much compared to others I'm still happy with it.

mk3gargegarge
Just Starting Out

Hi,
Thanks for the review. Just wondering if anyone come across the accessories for this robot vacuum. My wife threw away the box throwing the accessories. Or any similar accessories I can buy for arlec robot vacuum and mop. 
Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mk3gargegarge 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about the Arlec Robot Vacuum.

If you've purchased the exact same model, I'll give Arlec a call tomorrow and find out if the accessories box can be purchased separately. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.

Thanks for your patience.

Eric

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

@mk3gargegarge @EricL if no luck let me know I have an alternative 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @mk3gargegarge 

The good news is that the accessories set can be purchased by itself. I recommend going to your local store and speaking to a special-order team member and asking them to quote you the Arlec Robot Vacuum accessories set SH122AC. Please remember to ask for the turnaround time so that you'll know how long the order will take.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects