Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best glue for metal to metal

redstar
Just Starting Out

Best glue for metal to metal

Hi, I just broke this set of wire drawers. Can anyone recommend the best way to fix it? I'm thinking glue, but what would be the best one to get? It doesn't have to be weather or waterproof as it will be inside a wardrobe. 

IMG_7608.jpg

Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Re: Best glue for metal to metal

I wouldn’t glue it, as it looks like it had a rivet/screw already in it. Look like you could put a couple of self tapping metal screws in, cheers
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi.

Could you drill from the right - through that small piece into the main frame and make a small hole - and from there drill a larger hole for a small nut rivet?

Then bolt/screw it together...

They sell nut riveters at Bunnings.

Scan0135.jpg2983975-40.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @redstar,

Welcome to the Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us and great to see that you've already got some very helpful suggestions to help fix your drawers. Let us know how you go with it.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. Our clever and creative members are sharing helpful advice and project inspiration every day. And please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Look into the tool box and see if you can find one of these. If not time to visit the big green shed. 6 or 8  gauge self drilling/tapping steel screw. You will need to lay the drawer on its side and tap a starter hole for it so that the head does not move around when you start drilling. It will then drive through the other side and anchor itself to the vertical post across it. Steady hands and a fully charged drill is recommended. Good luck! 

Needs to be at least 30 mm long.Needs to be at least 30 mm long.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects