Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cheap ideas wanted for wall texture

Cocoplum
Building a Reputation

Cheap ideas wanted for wall texture

Hello Bunnings community,

This question is  for the whole house but also would be great to specifically mention if it is not suitable for a bathroom. I am seeking for some texture ideas for the wall especially interesting ones.

For example, I haven't tried but apparently if you put tile glue on the wall and press on it with a piece of wood or even just brush it, you can get great results and look will be similar to concrete.  

I also saw a plaster bird glued on the wall and whole wall rendered including the bird. - hope this makes sense :smile:

Any not too expensive and  creative ideas ?

Deano1
Cultivating a Following

Re: Cheap ideas wanted for wall texture

Thank you, appreciate it, it took a few coats & bit of experimenting but was happy with the way it turned out, esp as I'm not a real handy type of person but I really enjoy having a go at diff thingz & it'z great to have an online community, such as this to be able to discuss diff projects with & get tips & advice. 😃

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Deano1 

Thank you so much for sharing that excellent method of adding sand and gravel to produce that concrete textured effect. If you can consistently add the right amount of sand and gravel, you should be able to create a nice textured surface.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Deano1
Cultivating a Following

Thank u Eric & you're spot on, u juzt add the amount required to get the level of effect you're wanting & over whatever area you choose & apart from the fact that there are many diff products u can use, such as sand, gravel & litter, they each give a slightly diff effect & best of all, they're all easy to find & extremely cheap. Dean.

Cocoplum
Building a Reputation

@Deano1 looks great! love it. Thank you

Deano1
Cultivating a Following

No probz, however u do it, hope it worx out gr8, love 2 see when ur done. 😀

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects