Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. privacy screens

jkhandywoman
Growing in Experience

D.I.Y. privacy screens

31846048-1C4A-45C2-B4D8-37CA4C2A8FD1.jpeg

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: I want to be a handywoman. I want to inspire other women. I believe you can do anything!!

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jkhandywoman and thanks for jumping in with this great project.

Can you please share a bit more information about how you constructed this fence/privacy screen? Either the materials you used or the installation process?

Thanks for sharing

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
jkhandywoman
Growing in Experience

Re: I want to be a handywoman. I want to inspire other women. I believe you can do anything!!

Hi 

I purchased 4 bags quick set concrete

Corrugated colour bond left over from recent shed build

6 of 50ml x180 steel posts 

2 panels from Stratco reduced 

Measured length needed..

Add string line and dug holes x 6 divided into sections.

Constructed the first frame and attached the iron and panel.. 

stood up into the holes 

Used spirit level and propped up level put concrete powder in holes and watered

Repeat for other end and then cut sheets for centre ..

That would be a fantastic addition to many back yards @jkhandywoman, and I trust it will be of great inspiration to our members. It certainly appears that you are already an accomplished handywoman, and I'm sure you will have plenty to contribute to the community.

Many thanks for sharing the additional details on how you went about constructing this. I'll be looking forward to your next project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects