Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Entryway table

boris
Building a Reputation

Entryway table

My wife wanted a feature when we enter the house. So I suggested a natural timber, narrow, hall stand. And she wanted to place a mirror on the wall. So I got some recycled messmate from a reclaimed timber yard in Port Melbourne, Whelan Warehouse I think. I wanted some detail for this basic table, so decided to do a tongue and groove joint. Here's a photo of it, with the putty applied. Still need to sand it off and seal it

20210719_084737.jpg

boris
Building a Reputation

hall table

Here's another photo of the hall table, and dove tail joint. If you have suggestions for a great wood stain to bring out the detail in the Australian hardwood, please let me know

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: hall table

Thanks for sharing your table with us @boris. I've moved your second post into the same discussion so that members can follow along with your project.

It looks like the second picture didn't come through. Please let me know if I can help at all with uploading images. We'd love to see more pictures of the table so that members can give suggestions about wood stain.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
boris
Building a Reputation

Re: hall table

Thanks Stevie. Here's the second photo

20210719_084759.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Entryway table

Hello @boris

Thank you so much for the update on that hall table project. That extra feature for the join definitely adds a handmade custom look to your table. I can just imagine how good the finish will be once you have placed a sealer on this. Did you use a router or did you use ordinary hand tools to create the tongue and groove join? I'm sure our members look forward to seeing this table once you've finished.

We look forward to seeing more.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
boris
Building a Reputation

Re: Entryway table

Hi Eric, I used a handsaw for the dove tail joints. Yes, I wanted to add some detail, rather than a normal join. This side of the table will be visible most. Will post more images once I have sealed the wood. Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects