Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Father's Day presents and plans

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Father's Day presents and plans

Father's Day is only a week away, and I'm looking forward to what has become a family tradition in recent years - dinner at my favourite Japanese restaurant with the kids. 

In the meantime I must get something for my old man. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that it's never easy to find something for him. 

How are you going with your Father's Day present shopping? And for those Dads out there - are you giving any subtle hints about what's on your wish list?

It would also be great to hear about your plans for celebrating on the day.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
T-Bear
Growing in Experience

Re: Father's Day presents and plans

I am lucky enough to be flying to the UK to see my old man in time for father's day - completely unplanned but no doubt he will rope me into a couple of D.I.Y jobs around his cottage with the promise of a beer and scotch to celebrate....

Some times the unplanned projects are the best ones :cheeky:

stupidfish
Building a Reputation

For mine, a good bottle of whiskey is always a great option.

Other than that, a wallet is definitely something I could do with or I do have my heart set on a smoker for some slow cooking!

Pretty easy this year - Dad's after a new bbq - a Matador Boss 4 burner specifically - so we're all giving cash or gift cards to go towards that. Takes the pressure off :smile:
JoshRaf
Building a Reputation

Fathers day for me is normally shared with my birthday so ill be going out for a nice lunch on the peninsula this year...mums shout!

As for gift ideas, im pulling up short with ideas. Some suggestions/ideas from the workshop community would be great!
aly
Making a Splash

I'm all out of ideas for the old man this year! Anyone got any good suggestions? He's into 4WDing, fishing, cars....
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Picked up a cordless caulking gun today and might get a tiller to fix the side garden bed.

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

For people who are difficult to buy for I always like to give "experiences" like a dinner or a movie voucher, or tickets to an event or show. 

AHoy
Having an Impact

jRe: Father's Day presents and plans

Anything but jocks and socks!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How was everyone's Father's Day?

Did any of the dads out there get spoilt? 

I had a big breakfast celebration with the wider family at our place yesterday which was a lot of fun, and a great Japanese meal last night with my wife and boys.

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects