Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Finished result,render gone new windows and weatherbords

Briggsy
Building a Reputation

Finished result,render gone new windows and weatherbords

before house 5.jpg
Briggsy
Building a Reputation

Face lift blueboard and render home

before house.jpg
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Finished result,render gone new windows and weatherbords

Wow, great result @Briggsy. A massive improvement over the old blueboard. Was the render all cracked on the blueboard joins?

What else have you got planned?

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Briggsy
Building a Reputation

Garage next Jason, then move inside for  winter,(if I get garage finished in time) going to redo whole house

Briggsy
Building a Reputation

Blue board was a very ordinary job all round and detracted from the style of the house

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good luck @Briggsy, looking forward to hearing more about your plans. Perhaps you might like to start a new discussion and get some ideas from the community?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jaga
Having an Impact

This looks great. Interested to know if you're doing anything with the tin roof..? Depending on your location and the size of the roof, I believe you can have roofs like this painted, on a small house, for less than $2,000.. Also, could cost much less if you were confident and able to do it yourself.. It looks like its in reasonable condition, notwithstanding some surface rust, which could easily be treated prior to painting. I started looking into painting for my own roof (which is actually tiled), but its not particularly practical for me, because there is some dry rot in the battens, meaning that the risk of damage with people on the roof is too great.
Briggsy
Building a Reputation

Going to do the roof jaga, deciding what colour to do the garage then match the house to it, either paint or renew depending on costs etc. funny it didn't look anywhere near that bad when it was rendered

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects