Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Flexi Storage - How to fit shelves onto single S-Track

Paul_new
Just Starting Out

Flexi Storage - How to fit shelves onto single S-Track

Flexi Storage - single bracket system:

I might be doing something wrongly, but it seems to me that the shelf cannot sit flush on the single S-Track brackets? Either the board is too wide or the S-Track bracket is not wide enough. 

What can I do?

PXL_20210209_013632034.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Flexi Storage - How to fit shelves onto single S-Track

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Paul_new. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

You have the correct size bracket to suit that shelf. If you put slight downward pressure on the end of the bracket, it will lower a couple of millimetres, allowing you to hook it onto the shelf. 

You can also try putting the shelf in at the front and lowering down at the back instead.

I've spoken to the team at Flexi-Storage and we both believe it's just a matter of a new unit being slightly stiff to begin with. The technical team at Flexi-Storage are happy to guide you through the installation process if you would like to give them a call.

Please let me know if you are successful or have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

I have a similar bracket in the kitchen that had oversized shelves with a groove to take the hook, was fine for 40+ years before the arrival of not my wife who now uses it for practical things and not ornaments so the shelf was not up to rough handling, so a couple of pieces of Tassie Oak with a hole drilled to take the hook has restored some calm.

I followed this advice and “a little downward pressure” did not make the shelves fit. Instead, each time I tried, the entire project came down on my head. I’m so sick of ruined projects and wasted money buying poorly made products with lazy design and service. These shelves just don’t @@@@ fit!

Hi @Wendy-Rose,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've experienced an issue installing your shelves. I would suggest you contact the technical team at Flexi-Storage for further guidance, as the steps provided above were directly from them. It's certainly concerning that the entire project has come away from the wall, and I hope it hasn't caused you any injury. The information above was provided as if the correct fixings were used in either the plaster or timberwork, then wall strips are unable to be pulled off the wall from depressing the brackets. If you could let me know what connection method you've used, I'd be happy to work out why they have failed. It's important to ensure the correct fixtures are used, as if slightly depressing a bracket has caused them to fail, then the shelves definitely should not be loaded up to their specified capacity.

Mitchell

The bracket holders stayed put as I had attached them firmly. Not much can go wrong there. It was when I tried to apply “a little downward pressure “ on the bracket itself that all the other brackets gave way dropping four shelves down on top of me. Yes, I appreciate this is funny and potentially comedic, but only once I have a working fixture. I have gone back to Bunnings and purchased different and more permanent fixtures, which is great for Bunnings but a seemingly unnecessary expense for me. All I wanted was a simple pantry cupboard. I’m feeling a bit upset so I’ll leave it here and try to finish before bedtime. 

It's certainly not a comedic situation at all, @Wendy-Rose. Were you able to return the Flexistorage shelving and brackets? I'd be happy to assist in that process, as you certainly shouldn't be out of pocket for a product that couldn't be installed correctly.

Please let me know if you need any assistance with your new shelving.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects