Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Have you got a home gym?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you got a home gym?

Many people are currently struggling to find fitness equipment for their homes to help stay healthy during this challenging isolation period. 

Have you got a home gym at your place? 

If you have any ideas or examples of fantastic D.I.Y. fitness equipment, we'd certainly love to see them. Please hit the reply button and join in the discussion below.

Stay well everyone!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cassrigbye
Finding My Feet

Re: Have you got a home gym?

I need some ideas & guidance on digging out a small space under the house here for some gym equipment without disturbing the footings or spending a bunch$$. Would like it to be 2100-ish tall. I am continuing to dig until I find some assistance!! Thank you any advice appreciated!

PXL_20230428_084651662.jpg

PXL_20230428_083708276.jpg

PXL_20230428_083546882.jpg

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @cassrigbye. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about digging holes under a house.

I'd encourage you to pause the digging operation for a moment and consider the implications involved with undermining your house footers, as you are currently doing. Removing a substantial amount of soil from between footers compromises them, and it would be best to consult with a structural engineer on how to go about your project safely. Whilst you enlist their services, it might be an idea to check out the available shed solutions. Perhaps they would be a better option than building this area under your home. Or, you could consider flattening the ground outside and creating a covered area for the equipment. I recommend checking out this discussion on a Compacted sand flooring pad for outdoor gym.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc appreciate your advice! Will definitely check out. Cheers!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects