Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hollow wall drilling and anchoring for curtain rods

siva26
Cultivating a Following

Hollow wall drilling and anchoring for curtain rods

Hi everyone,

I'm installing a new set of curtains and since my wall doesn't have studs, I bought some strong anchors as a replacement from they ones provided as mentioned in the link https://www.bunnings.com.au/ramset-m4-x-8-13mm-hollow-wall-anchor_p2262690 . After drilling the pilot hole and some light hammering, they don't seems to be expanding correctly and keeps spinning and spinning. Is there any other better wall anchors available at Bunnings to secure the screw and my curtain rods.

Thanks

Siva

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: hollow wall drilling and anchoring

Hello @siva26

I'm sorry to hear you're not having much success with the Ramset Hollow Wall Anchor. This particular anchor has two tiny anti-rotation pins that you need to push into the gibrock to prevent the body from spinning. If you are using a manual screwdriver it will take a while for the anchor to lift and hold on to the plasterboard. I suggest trying again, but this time make sure that only the screw rotates and not the body.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects