Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do you close a gap in our balcony to stop our chihuahua falling through?

bill1
Just Starting Out

How do you close a gap in our balcony to stop our chihuahua falling through?

Hi we are moving into a 9 story apartment and there is a gap at the bottom of the baloney .  What is the best way to close this gap and make it safe?  Thanks Bill 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do you close a gap in our balcony to stop our chihuahua falling through?

Hi @bill1,

Welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us and trust that you'll get loads of inspiration and helpful advice from our amazing members for all of your projects around the house and garden.

Could we please ask you to add a photo of your balcony so members can see what you are working with and provide much more helpful and specific advice about how to close the gap?

I also encourage all readers of this discussion to check out the Best Advice article How do you close a balcony gap for pet safety?

Please let me know if you need a hand uploading the image.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: How do you close a gap in our balcony to stop our chihuahua falling through?

@bill1 Welcome to the Workshop Community! You've come to the right place for all things DIY and assistance.

Could we trouble you to take a picture of the balustrade?

If you haven't moved in and that is not a possibility, could we get a description of what the balustrade (glass,metal posts etc) is made from and what we have to fix to.

EDIT- I see Jason beat me to it. 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

bill1
Just Starting Out

main.jpg

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Renting? maybe attaching some wood fence palings to the existing supports would work?  (couple holes in fence palings, small "u bolt" / hose clamp to mount through holes and onto supports perhaps)

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects