Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to DIY Planters at home

NishaH
Just Starting Out

How to DIY Planters at home

Hi,

I am new to DIY, was looking to do planters at home using Real White cement which, unfortunately not showing in Bunnings.

What are other options Please? Was looking for alternative.

Also, What's the cheapest option to paint that using spray paints?

Also, any suggestions for creativity?

Thank you.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to DIY Planters at home

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @NishaH. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

The closest way to match a real white cement would be to mix Avista Oxide 1kg White Cement Colouring into Australian Builders 20kg Off White Cement. Unfortunately, although the cement is off-white, it is still a grey colour and you might not achieve a completely stark white cement.

Alternatively, you would need to use the off-white cement and paint it white with spraypaint. I've used the White Knight Squirts range of spraypaints on cement pots before and it has lasted several years.

To make the pots more creative I would suggest purchasing a role of painters tape and adding some designs to them. Perhaps even a can of White Knight Squirts 310g Spray Paint for some highlights.

You could be interested in viewing these previous discussions:

You should also find this step-by-step tutorial helpful: How to make a concrete planter

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects