Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to DIY insulation for Heathy Home certificate?

thanh
Just Starting Out

How to DIY insulation for Heathy Home certificate?

Hi everyone,

My attic  insulation is absorb. it needs to replace to meet healthy home.

Anyone can tell me can i DIY insulation on ceiling and floor

And how to get healthy home certificate in Hamilton New Zealand please

Thank you. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: diy insulation for heathy home certificate

Hello @thanh

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for sharing your question about the D.I.Y. insulation for a healthy homes certificate.

Installing your own insulation in an existing roof requires that you have installation training and experience. There are many conditions and electrical hazards to be aware of when installing insulation. Because Healthy Homes is a government law, I recommend engaging the services of a professional insulation installer. This will guarantee that the work done in your home will pass the Healthy Homes standards.

Hamilton is designated in Zone 2 of the Healthy homes insulation standard and requires you to have an insulation rating of not less than R2.9 an example of this is the Earthwool glasswool R3.3 155mm x 430mm x 1160mm 10.47m² Ceiling Insulation Batt - Pack of 21. This insulation surpasses the minimum rating required and will cover an area of 10.47 square meters. Please keep us updated.  

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects