Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean Timber Stain off of glass

DIYMama
Finding My Feet

How to clean Timber Stain off of glass

Hi there!

We just had new doors installed and have finished the raw timber with Cabots stain and varnish. Now wondering the best way to clean the excess stain off of the glass panels on the door please?

They did have the paint'n'peel film, but some has leaked underneath 😕

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean Timber Stain off of glass

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @DIYMama. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I've spoken to Cabot's technical assistance to confirm that a bladed scraper similar to a Trojan Retractable Safety Scraper With Blades would make short work of the excess stain on the glass. If the glass is stippled or you are having difficulty getting the varnish off with a scraper then you can use some Diggers 250ml Acetone Cleaning Solvent to help break it down. Make sure you cover any timberwork whilst using the acetone and it only needs to be used sparingly.

Please let me know how you go and if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc ! 

Bladed scraper is working a treat. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great, thanks for letting us know @DIYMama.

Please let us know if you need a hand with anything else. You might also like to share a photo or two of your completed project so members can see what you've achieved. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects