Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to create a soft close internal door?

imcodebased
Cultivating a Following

How to create a soft close internal door?

Hi guys, 

I need a better and easy way of soft close internal door that is hitting hard due to the air coming in from the balcony. 

imcodebased_0-1640054620349.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: soft close internal door

Hello @imcodebased

Thank you for sharing your question about slowing down your door swing to prevent it from slamming.

There are a number of automatic door closers. These not only pull the door close but slow its swing back as well. My number one tip for this project is to make sure that the aircon is off before installing the door closer. This is to make sure that it is installed properly with no influence from the strong wind of the aircon. 

I recommend using Lockwood 1022 Series Silver Hydraulic Door Closer. It has an adjustable speed return and can handle doors with a maximum weight of 35kg. This sounds like a great project, any updates you can provide would be much appreciated. One other option is to specially order a Dream Baby stop slam. This is an easy-to-install device and prevents the door from slamming. You'll need to go to the Special Orders Desk and ask them to order this off-range item.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
imcodebased
Cultivating a Following

thank you @EricL I just placed a special order through the store for dream baby stop slam option as it is appealing than the other given option. 

I did not want auto close option using Hydraulic Door closer and it is bulky.

I will receive items after 14 days. I will post the outcome.

imcodebased
Cultivating a Following

Just wanted to update you that the dream baby stop slam option is awesome. It did the job as expected. Thank you for your suggestion.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @imcodebased 

Thank you for the update. I'm pleased to hear that the Dream Baby stop slam is working well for you. Would it be possible for you to take a photo of its installation? I'm sure our members would be keen to see how you positioned it on your door frame.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

imcodebased
Cultivating a Following

room entranceroom entrance

room exitroom exit

Great work @imcodebased and many thanks for sharing the end result. I'm sure it will assist other Bunnings Workshop members in future who want to tackle a similar project.

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share with other members.

Thanks again,

Jason

shary
Getting Established

Great, i am having similar issue with our internal door towards garage, I will give it a go. thanks 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects