Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get wood cut to size?

eoneill15
Finding My Feet

How to get wood cut to size?

Hi,

Looking to up cycle an outdoor dining table. Could you guys recommend the best wood. Don’t mind if it’s panels or one piece for the top. Dimensions 900mm x 1600mm. Not too bothered about depth as long as it’s not too thick. Would also need another few pieces cut to reinforce some parts. 4 x 540mm x25mm x 25mm. 4 x 240mm x 25mm x 25mm

just a refurb job so looking for fairly inexpensive options.

thanks for the help,

Emma

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to get wood cut to size

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Emma (@eoneill15). It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question on timber selection.

You could consider using Specrite panels as they would look fantastic as a tabletop. They are constructed from smaller pieces of glued together timber so any joins of panels would be disguised. Perhaps Pine utility panels might be an option if you stained them as well. Both of these would need to be completely coated with an exterior grade varnish to allow their use outside.

You might find it difficult to locate timber with dimensions of exactly 25 x 25mm. The closest you'll find would be around the Porta 18 x 18mm 3.0m Meranti FSC DAR or Porta 30 x 30 2.4m Pine DAR Timber. If you need 25 x 25mm, you'll likely have to cut something down with a circular saw.

I'll be looking forward to following along with your project, and I'm sure our members would love to see some before and after photos. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to get wood cut to size

Excellent thanks for your help - will do!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects