Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to protect a wall surrounding a dartboard?

Bert67
Finding My Feet

How to protect a wall surrounding a dartboard?

I wanna hang a Dartboard on a wall or maybe door?

Someone know what material to use to protect the surrounding area?

It's Steel Dart not electronic Dart.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to protect a wall surrounding a dartboard?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Bert67. It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about protecting your door.

We have a fantastic range of pinboards, which would be excellent at both protecting the door and preventing your dart tips from becoming dull. Alternatively, you should find 3mm MDF does a sufficient job of preventing the darts from damaging the door. 

The only issue then would be how to attach the board to the door. With the above options, you'd need to screw it on. If you wanted to avoid screwing into the door, you could use CustomWood MDF 3mm 900 x 600mm White Melamine Backing. Double-sided tape could then be used to stick the smooth melamine side to the door. I don't believe the double-sided tape would stick well to the plain MDF.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Bert67
Finding My Feet

Pinboard that's a fantastic idea 

I was only looking for corkboard so couldn't find anything. 

I already looked at the range  bunnings offer. There are plenty and different colours too. Size of 1200×800 is good too don't have to cut .Perfect!

Thank you very much👍👍👍

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's great to hear, @Bert67! You'll have to update us with some images once you get your first bulls-eye with the new setup.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I will send you a picture but it will take because of lock down I can't move and set up the new place.

Thanks a lot Mitchell !

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects