Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair grout for ceramic floor tiles?

Navz
Just Starting Out

How to repair grout for ceramic floor tiles?

I have ceramic tiles on most of floors in my living rooms and hallways. The grout on a few of the joints between tiles on the hallway has come out and so the tiles make a sound which is more like a popping sound whenever someone steps over them. I examined the joints and only few of them have grout come out or cracked.

I plan to remove the damaged and cracked grout and fill the joints with new grout. As only a few joints are affected, I was looking to use the Dunlop ready to go grout that comes in a bottle i.e https://www.bunnings.com.au/dunlop-800g-ready-to-go-coloured-grout-jet-black_p6650125

The only issue is the description of the product says it is used to rejuvenate existing grout, but i need to repair the grout/fill new grout. Will this work as a sealing grout or i will have to use more conventional grout? 

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: question re grout

Could you take a photo and pop it up @Navz

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to repair grout for ceramic floor tiles?

Hi @Navz,

Welcome to the Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us. We are looking forward to seeing you improve your tiled floors (with a little help from our amazing members). Let me tag the ever-helpful @gippslandhome as this one is likely to be right up his alley. 

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a new project to share. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

Re: How to repair grout for ceramic floor tiles?

Hello @Navz 

As @Kermit said a photo of the area of concern would be great.

The other options is to also use a matching colour silicon to the area and create an expansion joint which may help the rest of the grout to start coming out.

But please send a photo so we can get more of an idea.

Kind regards Rob  👍😁

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects