Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair scratch in polished concrete floor?

trendytoast
Just Starting Out

How to repair scratch in polished concrete floor?

Hi all

I just moved into a house with a polished concrete floor. There is a deep scratch in the sealant which I’d like to repair. I have looked for tips to do this but haven’t been able to find anything on techniques or products. Did anyone have any experience with or suggestions on how to fix?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair scratch in polished concrete floor?

Hello @trendytoast

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about how to repair a scratch on your polished concrete floor.

Looking at the photo you posted, the scratch appears to be fairly deep. Putting a clear coat on it would partially disguise the scratch but would still be noticeable on closer inspection. Getting a perfect match will be difficult due to the age of the sealer and also because of wear and tear. I suggest using Crommelin 1L Natural Finish Sealer painted on using a Monarch 6mm ABC Synthetic Bevel Liner Paint Brush. I recommend testing a small portion of the scratch to see if it is compatible. If it proves to be too difficult I suggest engaging the services of a professional repair person to refill and repolish the scratch.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your polished floor repaired.

Let me tag our experienced members @tom_builds and @JDE for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects