Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to restyle breakfast bar in porta timber?

tashamber
Just Starting Out

How to restyle breakfast bar in porta timber?

C840B7F0-28B6-4916-BF9E-ACEC5F6E2A5E.jpeg

6100124E-1E61-47CB-8CCB-60384CB4CD4B.jpeg

I am looking to DIY restyle my apartment kitchen by painting the inner cupboards white, and using Tasmanian Oak Porta Timber Panelling around my breakfast bar (see image attached). What is the most affordable and simplest option? Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to restyle breakfast bar in porta timber?

Hi @tashamber,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to seeing how you can transform your apartment's kitchen (with a little help and inspiration from our wonderful members).

Before I had over to the experts for their advice, have you seen the Bunnings guide How to create a dowel timber feature wall? It looks very similar to the style you are going for. I will also attach a video below. It is from the kitchen and dining room renovation in the Make It Yours series

Hope that helps get you started.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to restyle breakfast bar in porta timber?

Hi @tashamber,

Simplicity wise, it appears the Porta Contours 78 x 21mm 1.2m Riverine TASOAK Lining Board would be your best option. Cost-wise it could be cheaper to use the Porta 30 x 12mm 2.4m Tasmanian Oak Moulding Half Round Dowel as per the guide @Jason has linked above. However, having to cut all these pieces yourself and glue them on individually will be more work.

You should find this step-by-step guide helpful for painting your cabinetry: How to paint laminate kitchen cabinets.

I'm keen to assist further with your project. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects