Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop draught from gaps in between double front doors?

canastasiou
Just Starting Out

How to stop draught from gaps in between double front doors?

image.jpg

I have a double door entry to my home and I get a lot of draught coming through the center of the two doors.

The left side door which is the one which is used mostly has slightly movement and leaves a small gap which the draught comes through.

not sure of weather seal strips will help rectify this draught issue or if it’s the door itself.

What is the best solution for this

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to stop draught from gaps in between double front doors?

Hello @canastasiou 

Welcome to The Bunnings workshop community. We could try the foam sealer weather strip on the right door. The strip is meant to seal gaps between 2 & 4 mm. Just to be safe I suggest placing sealer on the top and sides of the door frame to get a full seal. The other option is to place an aluminum panel between the door gap at the front. It will need to be painted the same colour as your door so it does not look out of place. If you get a draught under the door I recommend draught stops that slip under the door. You could also use fixed aluminum draught stops but that means drilling in to the front of the door. I've placed pictures at the bottom for your reference. Please keep us updated with your projects. Should you have any other questions or need assistance with a new project please post it here on workshop. 

Cheers, 

Red

Screenshot_2021-06-09-18-21-05-17.jpg

Screenshot_2021-06-09-18-23-22-34.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop draught from gaps in between double front doors?

Hi @canastasiou,

It's great to have you join us, and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to see that @redracer01 has been assisting. I would agree that placing a weatherstrip where the doors meet would assist in stopping drafts.

You should find this guide useful: How to winter-proof your home. There's also an ongoing discussion with some helpful advice from our members on tips and tricks to get you through those winter months.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects