Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Internal brick/ bricklook wall cladding

Peppi
Just Starting Out

Internal brick/ bricklook wall cladding

Hi I'm looking at creating an accent wall in the dining area - to look like red rustic brick. I don't want the wallpaper and I am on a budget. Is there a cladding / wall lining that will give this look?

Peppi_0-1617597728407.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Internal brick/ bricklook wall cladding

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Peppi. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

We can order the range of Easycraft decorative wall linings and specifically the Expression series. Within it, you'll find the Roman brick profile, which should give you something similar to what you're after. You'll obviously need to spend some time creating a painted effect that looks convincing. Doing a red coat first for the brick and then painting the faux mortar lines afterwards by hand should work quite well. You could use Dulux Stone Effect and a UNi-PRO 230mm Medium Foam Texture Roller Cover for a compelling look.

Let me mention @prettyliving and @2Belindas to see if they have completed a textured feature wall before.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Internal brick/ bricklook wall cladding

@Peppi @MitchellMc 

I haven’t done a textured feature wall before but one of my friends did a brick feature wall using a rectangular sponge. She basically cut the sponge to the size of brick she wanted then dipped the flat in the paint and patted it on the wall. She then had a few other shades of paint that she went over it with to give it that more real life look. It turned out really good, I’ve been meaning to give it a go in my sons room. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects