Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Bobsgarden
Getting Established

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hola community

I'm a newbie to workshop and really interested in all things garden! Composting, aquaponics, hydroponics,permaculture,vertical gardening etc etc

I have numerous projects on the go which are all an ever evolving whole.
Can't wait to share to and be inspired by the community. Looking forward to this :smile:

Hi @Bobsgarden

Many thanks for introducing yourself. I look forward to you sharing more about your projects.

Welcome to Workshop. 

Jason

Dfriend
Finding My Feet

Hi Community,

My name is Deanne. I like small DIY projects which can contribute to the decor of homes. Whilst I have a lot of inspiration I probably lack the skills and knowledge to follow through so I am really looking forward to using workshop to renovate and complete DIY projects.

Deanne

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop Deanne (@Dfriend)

We're glad to have you join the community. Looking forward to you inspiring us all!

Jason

Andadams
Having an Impact

Hello Community!

My partner and I recently purchased our first home and we cannot wait to dive in and start tailoring it to suit our needs. We are both keen DIYers. It's already had a lot of work done to the exteriors and interiors but there is still more work to be done to really make it a home. 

image1.jpg

Looking forward to hearing advise and also posting on our process on Laundry, Bathroom, Deck, garden renos along with some furniture restoration and alterations in the coming months.

It's a snag in bread.

Andrea

JDG
Growing in Experience

Hi Jason,

I enjoy spending my Saturdays in the garden pruning, cleaning and tidying the place up. I find it somewhat relaxing unless I'm doing the hard pruning although I really like sitting back and admiring the job I completed. In fact I have just introduced a couple of old wagon wheels to my garden. They must be 100 years old with heaps of character and I reckon they look a treat positioned in there, almost like they were always there!! 

Anyhow I look forward to being part of this community...

Cheers,

JDGIMG_3969.jpgIMG_3970.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrea (@Andadams)

Congratulations on your purchase. Buying a first home is so exciting. I'm looking forward to reading about your plans for putting your stamp on the house.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you as part of the community.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Workshop community @JDG. I hope you find it useful for inspiration, learning and sharing. 

Thanks for showing us your handiwork in the garden. Great job! Looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans soon.

Jason

RosieW
Having an Impact

Hello Workshop Community.

Living in the South East of Melb, my family has been planting in courtyard pots for years. However, a recent renovation has opened up a large side yard, leaving a decent amount of room to actually plant in the ground. We're quickly learning, though, there are very different challenges from those of an easily controlled potting-mix-bricked-courtyard environment to the fickleness poor soil and limited hours of sunlight.

I'm looking forward to talking to others who have experienced these challenges, discovering ideas that can work for us - a bit like walking around the neighbourhood and seeing what works for others - but on a much broader scale!

We particularly enjoy some of the older plants (Quinces and Heirlooms for example), vegies and other edibles as well as bird and insect attracting Australian Natives - the more flowering and fragrant the better.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Rosie

Hi all,

My name's Ben, I'm a bit of a midcentury modern nut, and in the middle of a long slow 'retrovation' of our house. It was built in 1969, but has had a lot of 80s - ahem - modifications to it. We're taking it back to the 60s/70s!

I'm genuinely interested in finding out any advice anyone has about house plans and construction from that time, as well as places and people to contact for MCM furniture (Parker, Chiswell, etc), door handles... things like that. Here's a concept drawing I've done to remodel the front entrance of the house. Totally a work in progress...!

Concept - front entrance

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects