Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
AlsoCass
Growing in Experience

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Only discovered this community recently - very excited. Wish we had known about it nine months ago when the renovations began.

The 'we' is myself and my partner. I do the research and designing, and he does the actual build, and then I come and say "why did you do it that way?" 😀😀😀

We just finished our first big project, which was turning a very large - 2900(l) x 3500(w) x 3200(h) - space into three 'rooms' for the kids by putting a triple bunk bed in the middle, with a loft dividing one side into a lower and upper space. Still haven't finished building the stairs for the upstairs loft (or the floor of the small secondary loft, or the door to the underloft room, or the curtains to go on the curtain gap of the bunk bed, or the desk to go in the left room, or the bookstairs, or the cupboard doors.... 😲 )But it was finished enough to move them in, and we will circle back once the major jobs are done... hopefully....

Current project is to turn a similar sized space into a study/library/quiet space. 

20210704_125801.jpg    20210704_130350.jpg     20210704_125907.jpg     20210704_125845.jpg   20210704_125838.jpg    20210704_130625.jpg   

Galbert
Just Starting Out

I'm Gayle, a regular visitor to Bunnings. Any excuse will do to go walking around the aisles.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @querencia

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It is wonderful to have you join us and share your experiences with us.

We are glad that you've found many of the topics useful. It's great to know that it has given you the confidence to attempt things that you've never done before. We look forward to seeing you post your first D.I.Y. project. I'm sure our ever-helpful members can help give you the advice and information that you need to give it a go.

Eric

Hi @querencia,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us. I'm sure you will get plenty of helpful advice and inspiration from our clever and creative members as you tackle your projects. 

You might like to check out the helpful guide How to plan a garden makeover by @Adam_W. Once you've had a think about what you want to achieve in your front, back and side yards, it would be great if you could hit the Start a discussion button and share some details and photos. We'd love to see what you can achieve and provide plenty of help and support along the way.

We're also looking forward to seeing your chicken tunnel project. We have plenty of members who raise chickens. 

All the best,

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's wonderful to have you join us @AlsoCass. Many thanks for introducing yourself to the community and providing an update on your projects. We're looking forward to seeing more. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share with fellow members. I'm sure they'd love to hear more about your current study project. Perhaps you can hit the Start a discussion button and share some photos and details about what you have planned?

Please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the Workshop site.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gayle (@Galbert)

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to you. It's fantastic to have you join the Bunnings Workshop community and we are looking forward to reading all about your projects and plans. I know you'll find loads of like-minded people in the community who like nothing better than to explore the aisles of their local warehouse. 

What projects have you got planned for around the house and garden? We'd love to help.

Jason

DIY_Mum
Finding My Feet

So excited……

I’m just new to this group and I’m so excited to be able to share my upcycling, renovating, gardening, styling experiences with like minded people. Many people think I’m mad with the long hours and sometimes hard work that I put into my projects ……truth is but I absolutely love it, every blister, bruise and late night. 
My latest project is a whole house renovation which I’m doing on my own with the use of as few tradies as possible. So far in just 11 months I’ve completed all my bedrooms, main bathroom, laundry, mud room, front yard and installed a shed and worked full time. I’m pretty proud of what I do and I hope you enjoy my pics to date. Be sure to scroll to the last pic to see my garden in bloom 11 months on.🥰
Don't be afraid to ask questions either…I’m more than happy to share my knowledge.

F0C4D842-2017-418C-AFC8-ACD8649E54D9.jpeg

1AA028D4-2EA0-4AA4-B2CA-3DD07D801D5F.jpeg

148927E6-6B3D-4FF6-93C8-F0A1779C3BE1.jpeg

A7D2A757-A00C-47E5-B996-37C00D122205.jpeg

86234BF8-E00B-4F22-90C5-CDCC29F3DB38.jpeg

4A1B92B0-753B-4B99-ABA7-5B28A91F848F.jpeg

BD2ADE17-ED6D-4B78-8A08-FD9E766AF2F8.jpeg

EF0D6652-9980-4239-A4B6-B11C44E1D412.jpeg

8E273A17-C4C2-445A-9E72-CEE66C0F24D0.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: So excited……

We're excited to have you join us @DIY_Mum. It sounds like you have loads of knowledge and experience to share with the community. We are looking forward to reading more about your renovation work and trust that you'll get plenty of helpful ideas, advice and inspiration for all your projects from our clever and creative members. As you can see, our members are sharing terrific advice and inspiring projects on the site every day.

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop and please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. We're here to help.

Jason

Re: So excited……

Thanks for the warm welcome Jason.

I’m also a long time member of the Bunnings team and love sharing my knowledge with our customers when I’m in my Reds and not renovating.

querencia
Building a Reputation

Thanks @EricL . I’ve started 2 of my projects… the 30 metre chook run and the front yard makeover which I posted about last night. My biggest roadblock with that is removing all the kikuyu!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects