Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Bantam
Growing in Experience

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

G'day all I'm Danni.

I don't believe in paying anyone to do something I might be able to do myself so I'll give just about anything a go. Not only does it save me some money it gives me a lot more pleasure seeing the end result because I did it myself.

I live in a housing commission unit with a tiny front garden and a small backyard. I believe that just because I'm renting it doesn't mean I can't make the garden into an enjoyable outdoor living space. There are many things these days like modular decks etc that can be taken up again if I move. So I have great plans for my small backyard.
lester_li
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Lester. I'll read and surely learn a lot from you, as I'll be among you for moderation purpose.

I'm definitely more experienced about the forum tools than the DIY tools. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about the community.

Oh, and by the way, I like sausage and bread, whatever how you name it!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for introducing yourself Danni (@Bantam). Love your attitude of being prepared to give anything a go. I'm sure you'll find you have plenty of mates on this site. Looking forward to hearing more about your projects and seeing some of your handiwork. Let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from Workshop.

Jason

Hi everyone!

I'm Sean.

I enjoy doing DIY, but it's very difficult to find a shop in Singapore that carries all the items, unlike Australia, you guys have Bunnings which I visited and was amazed by it.

If there was Bunnings in Singapore and a bigger house space, I wouldn't mind doing more DIY. Houses in Singapore are small and expensive.

Currently am doing a necklace stand for my wife's shop. Made from some simple wood. But would need some help on joining the top portion.

Hoping to learn more new DIYs from everyone here too.

Welcome to Workshop Sean (@iwantcheesecake). It's great to have you join us. Many thanks for introducing yourself and all the very best with your job hunt. We hope you can join us down under very soon. 

Your necklace stand sounds like a fantastic project. Perhaps you'd like to start a new discussion with some progress photos? I'm sure the Workshop community would love to see it. We also have some woodworking gurus in the community who could provide some handy tips.

Jason

PJA
Having an Impact

G'day

G'day everyone,

They call me PJ. I used to have PJ's Dance studio in a previous life. I'm old well mature enough to have had a go at most things.

Built it, taken it apart, broken It,fixed it, or not. I've been in the best job of my long working life, Bunnings Alexandria as a flooring expert for a year now.

I'm the backup DIY guy and was very fortunate to present a Father's day blog on Kinderling. A national children's digital radio. I guess this came from my involvement in community radio.

@Bantam

Hi Danni,

Welcome to the community.

It's refreshing to hear someone say that they are prepared to do something nice in a rental.

So often rentals are shown on TV shows trashed and I feel for the owners that are often hard working people trying to get ahead.

Certainly sounds like you're the sort of tenant everyone would like to have in their rental!!!

Would love to see some pics of your project.

Cheers,

Barbara

Bantam
Growing in Experience

Thank you for your comment Barbara.

I will post some pics as I go along so keep an eye out for them.

Cheers

Hi Sean

Try the following website, https://www.fircroft.com/au/oil-and-gas-jobs

They have a Brisbane Office (I believe) and the website says they are looking for a project manager in town.

Register youself with some of the city's employment agencies, so you can receive alerts when matching jobs become available within your skill set.

I wish you well

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: G'day

G'day to you @PJA. Many thanks for introducing yourself. 

I'm sure you have a lifetime of experience and knowledge that you can share with the Workshop community. It's certainly fantastic to have you join us. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you.

For starters you might like to check out all the flooring posts that users have submitted since we kicked off the site.

Thanks again,

Jason 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects