Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
querencia
Building a Reputation

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Thanks @Jason for the link you provided, it was helpful and encouraging to read. Of the dozen or so projects I’m planning, two are slowly underway and I’m certainly learning that Rome wasn’t built in a day!!

@Galbert 

Hi Gayle, welcome to the community.

I agree with any reason to walk down those aisles and walking out with something that wasn't even on the list or radar no less ha-ha

Cheers,

Barbara

@querencia 

Welcome.

That's a decent chook run, hope it all goes well.

There probably are other like minded discussions on chook runs on the workshop but my sugggestion is unless you're retired and mostly home, make sure you put in a solar powered doggy style door that will lift and stay open after dawn and lock down shut after dark so no foxes can devastate your birds as I once had when I arrived home late just once!!

Good luck.

Cheers,

Barbara

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @querencia

I saw your post about the raised garden beds. I recommend staying focused and finishing one project at a time. Once your garden is complete, you can then tackle the chicken run. I suggest making a list, this will allow you to bring together all the great ideas that you saw. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your garden makeover complete. You can do it!

Eric

ujwals
Just Starting Out

Hello Everyone!
Just like my rank - I am newbie in the world of DYI of things, but never scared of giving it a shot.
Passionate about perfecting the art of "doing it right yourselves".

Hope to learn a lot and contribute to the community.

Between, @Jason .. Thats just sausage in bread!

Thanks

Cheers

Ujwal

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @ujwals

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us. Whether you're a newbie or a long-time member everyone is welcome here in our community. If you have any projects you're about to start please let us know, our ever-helpful members would be more than happy to give you advice and information should you need it.

We look forward to seeing your projects.

Eric

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hello Workshop Community!

For those of you who don't know me yet, my name is Katie and I am the latest member of the Bunnings Workshop Team.

• I am a novice at DIY renos and gardening but I am super inspired by what the community has created already. Oh, I have crafted a thing or two!
  • I would love to learn more about how to use power tools, it has been a long time since I took Shop in school. 
  • I LOVE ice cream - cookie dough and peppermint are my tops but I do vary it up after experiencing Messina for the first time. 
  • Truly revealing, I am American so a sausage on a piece of bread is called Plan B. 

Enough about me, what about you all!? It would be lovely getting to know all of Workshop's community members, so please keep this thread going and tell me a bit more about yourself :smile:

Katie 

seannami
Building a Reputation

Hi everyone

I'm Cat, I just bought a house and I am trying to get it up to snuff before I move in, with inevitable continuing projects afterward. Currently dealing with nicotine stained walls, painting, reflooring and general maintenance of the property. My local Bunnings just about expects me every day at the moment!

Working on documenting the process sporadically and will likely have a thousand questions posted on here before I'm done!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

HI @seannami (Cat)

Congratulations on getting a new house. I wholeheartedly agree getting your house ship-shape before moving in is a daunting task. I remember before moving into our first home. I had to paint the entire interior of the house before my wife set foot in the place. It will seem like there is no end to the many things that need to be done but trust me when I say, you will eventually get there.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your questions about your house project.

Eric

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

@seannami I agree with @EricL keep us updated with how your new home is coming along and any questions you may have! We also love photos. Good luck! We look forward to seeing your journey. 

Katie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects