Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Paint colour matching during lockdown

Midnight
Just Starting Out

Paint colour matching during lockdown

is paint matching service still available during COVID and if what is the process

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Paint Matching

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Midnight. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Our colour matching service is available in all stores open to the public. Unfortunately, our metropolitan Melbourne stores are not yet open to the general public only trade customers. We look forward to returning to normal trading as soon as possible and offering these services once again.

For stores open to the public, you'll simply need to take a sample of your paint into the store and they can attempt a colour match on it for you. The sample of paint will need to be at least the size of a five-cent coin.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Paint matching

Hi @Midnight,

You have probably seen that Bunnings stores in the Melbourne metropolitan area reopened today. Please let us know if you need a hand with your painting project. We're here to help.

Jason

katking
Finding My Feet

How to colour match using click and collect?

Hi, As Melbourne are in an extended lockdown I am unable to bring a sample into the store to organise a colour match. I am moving house on Saturday and desperately need paint to repair some peeled paint before then. My closest store is Port Melbourne. Is there a way I can organise a colour match for a small 1-2 litre container of paint and collection from the Port Melbourne store?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to colour match using click and collect?

Hi @katking,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and hope we can help with this problem and other projects in the future. 

You are able to order paint online tinted to a specific colour. Is there any way you could find out the colour previously used? Perhaps from an old leftover tin?

Please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the Workshop site. 

Jason

Re: How to colour match using click and collect?

Hi @Jason ,

We have only lived here 12 months and were not the ones to paint the property. So no, we do not have an old tin.

The only way would be to organise a colour matching service. I have a physical piece of material that I can provide to colour match if there is a way I can organise this.

Kat

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Colour Matching

Hello @katking,

I'm so sorry that you are unable to come into our store to get a colour match due to the current restrictions. Let me reach out to you through a Private Message and see if we can assist. 

Thanks,

Eric

Re: Colour Matching

Thank you @EricL I look forward to your pm

BackYard
Just Starting Out

Paint Matching Services: Sydney COVID

Hello, are paint matching services available during the Sydney Covid lockdown? I need to paint a section of my wall.  

Cheers :smile: 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Paint Matching Services: Sydney COVID

Hello @BackYard

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about paint matching services.

I'm so sorry but the paint matching services are only available to trade persons only. One way to get a colour match involves downloading the Coloursmith App and purchasing the Coloursmith Window by Taubmans via click and collect.

Following the directions of the Coloursmith app, you will be able to do a colour match of your existing wall colour. This will produce a QR code that you can email to the Special Orders Desk and order via click and collect. However, if you can wait for the store to be open back to the public, you will be able to get a more accurate colour match at the paint counter

If you need more information here is a link to Bunnings - Coronavirus COVID-19 update 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects