Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Photos transferred to wood

LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Photos transferred to wood

Frame.png

Re: Photos transferred to wood

What is the finished product? Is the acetate put into a frame or something?

im kinda confused. You put oil on the acetate, put it through the printer, the ink doesn’t stick to... what?

and are you calling mod podge glue or is there glue used too?

You put a very thin smear of oil and the printers ink goes on to it because it is sprayed on but doesn't stick so when you put it on to your wood which is coated with your adhesive of either modpodge that is a craft adhesive that is usually used for this which can be found on ebay or even a varnish that is still wet and the ink is easily transferred on to the wood as you carefully remove the acetate allow it to dry then overcoat with a clear finish youtube has lots of information good luck

Sorry about the delay in replying.... unfortunately my answer is no, I don't have any photos to share.  

The process was done many years ago when I was an electronics communications technician. Some of my work was in remote locations, so one had to be innovative because some items weren't readily available, but "the show" had to go on.   Also at hobby level, I sometimes made my own HIFi gear to my own specifications, so needed to make custom labels, rather than just use amateurish looking stick-on labels.

Now retired from that, so I haven't needed to do it recently.

Vernon2541
Just Starting Out

How do I do this how do I do this

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Vernon2541.

If you go to page one of this discussion - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Whole-of-House/Photos-transferred-to-wood/td-p/16856 - you will find the always-resourceful @LePallet has shared directions for transferring your own photos to wood like he has done. Please have a read and let us know if you have any specific questions. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Sunrise
Cultivating a Following

Wow that’s amazing how is it done?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Sunrise.

If you go to the first page of the discussion - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Whole-of-House/Photos-transferred-to-wood/td-p/16856 - you will find halfway down the page @LePallet shows us how to transfer the photos onto the wood as he has done.

If you need further information on the process, please let me know.

Mitchell

Re: DIY Photos transferred to pallet wood picture frames

@MitchellMc   you can always buy things like this online, via, spotlight and a few other websites, but Bunnings also sell it, check out this link.  https://www.bunnings.com.au/mod-podge-236ml-matte-waterbase-sealer_p0084485

Hope this helps

This Old Gal

Hi @Old-gal24.

Thanks for the tip! I'm not sure how new Mod Podge is as a brand in Bunnings, I'm pretty sure when I joined the discussion over a year and a half ago we didn't stock it. It's great to see it on the shelves, I'll have to pick some up soon.

Thanks again,

Mitchell

@MitchellMc  I have seen it in Bunnings for a while now.  I have an adult daughter with special needs and she loves to come to Bunnings with me as long as we go to the craft section, that's where I spotted it first.  :smile:

Cheers

This old gal

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects