Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Replacing steps and rails on a old Queenslander

OldQld
Finding My Feet

Replacing steps and rails on a old Queenslander

I’m replacing posts, steps and rails at the back of my home. I will be using a 100mm post bracket that will need to attached to existing concrete. I’m buying a Pryda Post Anchor, the specs say I need 12mm  M12 bolts.  There are so many, I don’t need a bolt and nut or a cup head as I need to drill it into the concrete. Sorry new at renovating. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replacing steps and rails on a old Queenslander.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @OldQld. It's amazing that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question.

They would be referring to M12mm Dynabolts, which are used to fix into the concrete. A Ramset 12 x 100mm Galvanised DynaBolt Plus Hex Nut Bolt would be suitable for anchoring down your post supports.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Mitchell you are a legend!

Hello @OldQld 

Just to add to @MitchellMc 's excellent recommendation please don't forget to grab a Kango 12 x 150mm Straight Shank Masonry Bit https://www.bunnings.com.au/kango-12-x-150mm-straight-shank-masonry-bit_p6350317 to drill in to the concrete. Just a reminder to set your drill to hammer function so that you don't burn out the drill bit head. Slow and steady wins the race on this exercise. Good luck and stay safe.

Cheers,

Red

Screenshot_2021-03-13 Kango 12 x 150mm Straight Shank Masonry Bit.png 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thank you for the tip Red, appreciate it

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects