Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wanting reviews on Smart Home Products hybrid flooring

Prk1
Finding My Feet

Wanting reviews on Smart Home Products hybrid flooring

Hi. I am looking at replacing carpet in an apartment with the Smart Home Products hybrid flooring sold at Bunnings. The plan will be to lay it directly on the concrete slab in the living, hall, bedroom and kitchen areas. It looks like a great product but I can't find any feedback on the internet from people who have used it. Can anyone offer some feedback on their experience with it and whether they would recommend it? I'm looking at this product which is very economical at $25/m. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Screenshot 2023-10-08 211948.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Smart Home Product hybrid flooring

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Prk1. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about hybrid flooring.

This budget-friendly flooring would be a great choice for medium-trafficked areas. If this were an apartment with a family of five and a dog, you might want to consider a more robust option. 

Let's take a look at the different features at different price points:

The most important consideration is likely the wear layer. This is the finish on the board that makes it look like timber. The 0.20mm will be fine in almost all circumstances, though it lacks the abrasion resistance of the other two varieties. It wouldn't be the best choice to use under chairs that get pulled in and out every day without felt pads on the legs. In high traffic areas such as a hallway, you might like to lay a carpet runner to ensure the flooring has an optimal lifespan.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Great advice. Thanks! 

The intent is to use it in an apartment building straight on the concrete slab. If the concrete is cleaned properly of all contaminants do you think I will have any problems with these products? I can't image there should be too much problem with it being level but I won't know until the carpet comes up and only have a day or so to install it so I would prefer to have a high degree of confidence that there won't be issues.

Thanks again,

Paul

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Having a level surface is the main concern @Prk1. As long as the surface is relatively flat with no distortions you should be fine.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects