Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What design trends are already tired?

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

What design trends are already tired?

Hi everyone,

Keen to get your thoughts on the hot design trends that you are already sick and tired of. What do you think is already passe in home decorating?

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: What design trends are already tired?

If you love something then it doesn't really matter if that particular style is "in" or "out". So I would just encourage people to make design decisions based on their taste and not be too driven to be following the latest on trend styles. 

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Isobel, so true, you could say for example that Federation style homes peak in fashion from time to time, but if it's done properly, it will remain timelessly stylish.

I also agree that the things you love, are an investment in happiness, whereas trends tend to come & go, which inevitably leads to disappointment.

My Mum gave me the best advice, & that was to paint neutral, & change things up with moveable items, like cushions, nick nacks, & props. They can still be the height of fashion, but can be changed over inexpensively when it's time for a decor change.

I'm with @Isobel, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

...or in the case of @Andy_Mann, the beer-holder.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Jackson, do I know you? :wink:

@Andy_Mann, I've read enough of your comments to work out that you love a tinnie :wink:

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Jackson wrote:

@Andy_Mann, I've read enough of your comments to work out that you love a tinnie :wink:

And that I'm crazy? :embarassed:

Oops, wrong thread. :wink:

@Andy_Mann I have both and I'm a huge fan. It's about the luxury more than the necessity. In fact when I redo my ensuite (next year some time) I'm considering extending the size of the room so we can have a freestanding bath in the middle and we'll maintain our double vanity/double shower (just fancier versions of them :P)
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Sheesh @ProjectPete, who rattled your cage? :cheeky:

OK, I get it, you're miffed that I talked @Deanna outta wanting you for neighbour, but I wasn't born yesterday, you're just try'n to rev me up. :wink:

Takes more than a difference of opinion to rattle me @Andy_Mann :laugh: It's all good fun

But yeah, I agree the double vanity/shower seems unnecessary, etc but it's bloody nice to have.

How amazing would it actually be for all of us to be neighbours though!?! Would be a very handy, stylish, ever changing, interesting little neighbourhood :smile:

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@ProjectPete, I've always said that people should do what's good for them, & what gives them pleasure, so it's all good mate. :smile:

I must say, I like your idea of a Workshopper neighbourhood, but I ain't mov'n, so pack your things, & we'll kick it off. :wink:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects