Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What did you do over the weekend?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Every Monday I'm keen to hear what you got up to over the weekend.

It might have been starting a new project, getting stuck into some gardening, hosting a cracking BBQ, catching a new movie, getting some exercise, catching up with friends and family, or just relaxing with a good book.

Please share in the discussion below. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dark
Having an Impact

Re: What did you do over the weekend?

started with christmas shopping followed by heading down to the fire station to train new probationary members then a callout fought fires came home and did more research into DIY projects using pallet wood and woodwork techniques

Looking forward to seeing some photos of the deck @Aussie-Garden, I'm sure community members will be really keen to see what you have done. Both Deck projects and privacy screens are very popular topics on the site at the moment.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stay safe @Dark! I'm sure the local community really appreciates your hard work both training new members and fighting the fires yourself.

Jason

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Made solid progress on my pool area. So close to finishing it all off.

Install remaining boards, start  painting tonight, finish decking lid for underground enclosure, plant cacti feature.

20191208_173146.jpg

20191208_175039.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Very exciting @ProjectPete

The kids must be busting to jump into that pool. It looks amazing.

Jason

Mate they've barely gotten out of it since there was about 300mm of water in it haha. They just couldn't wait. I've been for a quick dip too. Bought our robot vacuum today so will get him running tonight.
----------
Handy and helpful

More painting and prep work for me over the weekend. 

Jason

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

I got busy ticking things off my never-ending To Do list. I was planning on doing them this long(er) wknd however I've got a decking job booked and won't get a chance to work on my own house (on a wknd) again until at least 21/3.

• Biggest item was finishing my decking lid with gas struts to cover my pool equipment in underground pit/enclosure. Now I just need to install some steps, hooks for scoop, hose, etc and and tidy the place up.

20200223_171017.jpg20200222_162634.jpg

• Not so excitingly I installed a new hose out the back...

IMG_20200224_085922_201.jpg

• ...and a latch to hold my side gate open rather than having to prop it open.

20200223_090632.jpg IMG_20200224_085930_872.jpg

• I got more of my feature fence in pool area up so I can get my soil in ready for cacti and succulents. I'll be painting it with Dulux render texture paint in Colorbond Surfmist colour.

20200223_182021.jpg

• And after several weeks of patience while I rusted/weathered my corten steel letterbox plaque, I gave my letterbox a fresh coat of paint and stuck it on.

20200223_154645.jpg letterbox.PNG

• Even managed to finish installing the lockable roller cover and rack system on my car - keep my tools safe and easier to load up flooring, timber, etc. Note - I've painted the bolts black since this photo.

20200208_053849.jpg

Also mulched the garden and my wife started propagating some of our rare succulents.

So in short, I had a very productive wknd. Feels good!

----------
Handy and helpful

Hope you all had a good weekend. 

I had a productive one - installing new weed matting, pavers and decorative stones down the (little-used) side of our house where all our utilities are. Hopefully we can now keep the weeds at bay. 

Jason

HenriEtte
Growing in Experience

I put down scorio for extra drainage in my backyard.  Looks good as well as it being for a practical purpose. Henriette

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects