Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What did you do over the weekend?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What did you do over the weekend?

Hi everyone,

Every Monday I'm keen to hear what you got up to over the weekend.

It might have been starting a new project, getting stuck into some gardening, hosting a cracking BBQ, catching a new movie, getting some exercise, catching up with friends and family, or just relaxing with a good book.

Please share in the discussion below. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: What did you do over the weekend?

@Andy_Mann - it's a new shovel, and we actually barely used it. We really only used it to pick up the little bits of shrapnel at the end of the day.

Thanks for the advice but I'd never scuff up the shovel intentionally, I'll just let it happen naturally. One thing I do scuff up as soon as I buy them though is work boots. Brand new work boots aren't a great look.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Jackson mate, you need to buy well used work boots, they're cheap, & they're convincing to the untrained eye.

Stick around, you have a lot to learn, & I'm here to please at a very competitive rate.

Feel free to donate to my PayPal account, if guilt takes over. :hysterical: :embarassed: :wink:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

We had a delicious Caesar salad courtesy of the first crop of Cos from our new Vegepod.

The first shot is from just a month ago, second shot is yesterday before harvesting our dinner!

Jason

Vegepod2.jpg

Vegepod1.jpg

It was all about cooking, enjoying the sun/heat here in Perth and getting started on a couple of projects including the timber feature wall in my pool area and the kid's cubby in time for Xmas.
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Looking forward to seeing the feature wall and the cubby @ProjectPete.

Jason

I would love to say that I was continuing with my garden project. Unfortunately, had a wonderful night Friday .. over did the dancing .. and consequently my poor ole knee couldn't take the punishment. hahahha .. but I will say .. it was worth it !!!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I was planning to finish off sanding the stairs leading up to the deck yesterday and at least get the first coat of oil on but the weather put an end to that. Instead I did a trip to Bunnings and got some storage shelves as well as ordering some gravel for the sideway and under the deck.

What did everyone else get up to on the weekend?

Jason 

Mick0s
Having an Impact

Its Birthday Season in our household for the next month or so (sotly kids in the same parents grous as when our oldest was born. SO for the next 4 weeks we have at least one party each weekend. This last one was we somehow managed to fit tree in...

On the DIY front, not much really. I gave the hop plants a nudge in the right direction to start some horizontal growth alone the strings, and perhaps produce some flowers this year.
And I guess I confirmed that yes, I did indeed break the retractable hose last weekend when it unwound itself without the hose attached. Add a new one of those to the shopping list...

@Jason I spent Saturday from about 10am to 9pm potting up about 100 seedlings for a local fete for them to raise much needed funds.

On Sunday we went to the school fete and afterwards we went to an heirloom nursery. We had a wonderful time just looking around and seeing things that I had never seen or heard of before. I was like a kid in a candy store but I restained myself and only bought 1 succulent and some seed raising mix.

Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

My daughter, dog and I went to our local Bunnings to purchase some nuts, washers and bolts as her class is in the process of making robots out of metal.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects