Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is the thread size on furniture legs?

Ash-1964
Finding My Feet

What is the thread size on furniture legs?

I need to make the right size holes into the base of a drawer set, but with lockdown, I can’t just look at the legs. There’s not enough detail on the furniture leg page: https://www.bunnings.com.au/adoored-400mm-pine-square-furniture-leg_p0225600

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is the thread size on furniture legs?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ash-1964. It's amazing that you've joined us and many thanks for the questions about attaching furniture legs.

These Adoored 400mm Pine Square Furniture Legs are to be used in combination with either legs plates or T-nut inserts. The leg plates are more solid and have the option of an angled plate for splayed legs. Those legs have a 3/8 thread and suit either Adoored 3/8" Vertical Leg PlatesAdoored 3/8" Angle Plate Legs or Adoored 3/8" T Nuts. If you decide to use the T-nut inserts, they'll require you to drill a 10mm hole which you'll then tap the T-nut into with a hammer.

I'll provide feedback to our team on the lack of details surrounding which plates/nuts fit each leg. That would be handy to know whilst purchasing.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell. Great answer & really helpful.

cheers,

Ash

@MitchellMc 

After tapping the t-nut in, is the furniture leg simply screwed into this?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @AnitaP

My colleague @MitchellMc is currently on a well-deserved break and will be back on Friday. In regards to your question about the T-Nuts, the answer is yes. On the condition that you've drilled a deep enough hole there should be no issue screwing the leg in. However, if you find that the T-Nut is pulling itself out, this is an indication that the hole is not deep enough. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing the furniture legs attached.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Hi Mitchell!

Would the same plates be used for these legs?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/adoored-150mm-pine-round-furniture-leg_p0225589

Thank you kindly 🙂

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @marthabrabbit. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Adoored furniture legs.

The Adoored 150mm Pine Round Furniture Leg also has a 3/8 thread and suits the Adoored 3/8" Vertical Leg PlatesAdoored 3/8" Angle Plate Legs or Adoored 3/8" T Nuts.

What are you planning on making with them? We'd be keen to hear all about your project and encourage you to let us know anytime you have something to share or need assistance.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

Thank you Mitchell. That is very helpful. I am adding some legs to a storage unit. 🙂

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects