Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is this item called? Bought from Bunnings a year ago.

MarcL
Having an Impact

What is this item called? Bought from Bunnings a year ago.

Hi all. I bought some of these metal 'U' shape items in the past from Bunnings and I've had no luck my last two visits to find them in store. Asked two staff but no luck. The dowel going through them is 8mm and still has room all around. I know it's not the best photo but any help would be appreciated as I need them to complete my latest project. I can't remember what section I bought them from and they're not being used for they're designed purpose. Any help is appreciated, thanks! 

1614580654770806232857174932751.jpgIMG_20210301_162537.jpg

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: What is this item called? Bought from Bunnings a year ago.

That does sound frustrating @MarcL. Let me tag @MitchellMc and @redracer01 to see if they can offer any advice.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
MarcL
Having an Impact

Thanks @JaneK I'm only frustrated at myself for not remembering what they were ha. Didn't expect random staff to know with the little info I had about them knowing it probly wasn't in their section either. 

obliqua
Getting Established

Hello - I reckon this is a Wire Eye Strap - it's with the stainless steel wire tensioning accessories in store :smile:

search for 'Stainless Steel Wire Eye Strap'search for 'Stainless Steel Wire Eye Strap'

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @MarcL 

Perhaps you may wish to consider these other items to hold your dowel in place just in case you are hanging things on it. Other items to hold pipes also know as pipe saddles and for wardrobes they are called pillar ends.

Cheers,

Red

Screenshot_2021-03-01 Search - Our range.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MarcL
Having an Impact

Hi @obliqua Thanks so much!! I'm so stoked I'll be able to find them now:) 

Hi @redracer01 thanks for the input! I'm using them for guides for a diy Pinball machine for the flipper buttons, u can see in these pics I made some from coat hangers but the ones I had a photo of work much smoother. Thanks for your thought though! 

16145961105986764368771912018132.jpg

16145961724511409223793924292057.jpg

16145959229667753186863846745981.jpg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @MarcL 

This is beautiful craftsmanship! Looking forward to the finished product!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's great to see you've received prompt and helpful replies to your question from both @obliqua and @redracer01. I'm also looking forward to seeing the completed project.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
obliqua
Getting Established

No worries @MarcL  - your project looks awesome - glad I could help! Hope to see photos of the finished object when you're ready - no pressure haha!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects